Are you looking for a great breakfast lunch or amazing dessert – well then this is the place for you located In Dundonald Binkys has two premises Binky’s Coffee Sandwiches Cakes and Binky’s Kitchen.
*This review will cover Binky’s Coffee Sandwiches Cakes only
The Charm of Binky’s Kitchen
Binky’s oozes with charm – blackboards display menus and food items – the cake and dessert display is a sight to behold and the lovely brickwork helps portrays a wonderfully relaxed and chilled and funky atmosphere within the café. Tables are well spaced and the café is a good size – rooms for prams and buggies at tables is a real plus point!
Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about the menus – Once we were ten minutes late for breakfast but they still managed to accommodate us which was great, nice to see staff that care about the customers and are willing to cater for different needs.
The menu is that of a café but offering high-quality ingredients and subtle twists on the normal items being offered within this sector. A lot of thought has gone into the menu and an excellent range of items are on offer.
If you are looking for a slightly different breakfast or brunch then drop in as there are lots of alternatives to the typical Ulster Fry! Another plus point is that it opens 9am even on Sundays for breakfast!
If you are looking for tea/coffee and desserts then you will be overwhelmed by the choices on offer – this café definitely tests your will power; when you approach the dessert cabinet you will not know what to choose!
Speciality items to suit the season are always very creative – Easter Egg milkshakes, Pancake combinations for Pancake Tuesday etc. We have visited on many occasions for brunch – here are some of our favourites (although we are still working our way through the menu!)
What we Tasted
- Hot Filled Croissants (2 fillings) – Bacon and cheese, lovely crispy, fluffy croissants and plenty of filling, yum!
- Hearty Breakfast – bacon, sausage, tomato, beans, black pudding, spring onion potato bread, soda bread, scrambled or poached eggs – cooked to perfection, dry and crispy – what more could you want?
- Early Bird (all day brunch)– Salted honey, apple, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese and sourdough toast. Such a wonderful combination and presented beautifully – would definitely recommend.
Kids scrambled egg and toast – really reasonably priced and a good portion – boys really enjoyed it!
Now for the important course – dessert anyone?
- Pavlova – mallowy, crispy, light and fluffy served with a generous dollop or fresh or ice cream. Just how pavlova should be – melt in the mouth!
- Banoffee – sweet, sticky, rich caramel, crunchy, buttery base – I am definitely a dessert connoisseur.
Everything we have sampled was fresh, well cooked and delicious, you really can’t go wrong, the only difficult part is choosing from the extensive menu.
Even the kids enjoyed the food which is always a plus for us.
Have you ever been to Binky’s for breakfast? Let us know your comments below and what food did you get?
Other great food and drink blogs from ConnollyCove: French Village – Lisburn Road | Tesco Food Festival – Belfast | Mauds Ice Cream | BelFeast – Food Festival Belfast | Best Cafes to Visit in NI | Cuffs Bar and Grill