Today, Dubai has reached the pinnacle of urban development in the world through exceptional and unparallelled architectural achievements. The modern towers in the Emirates are not limited to their height only, as each building carries wonderful and unique shapes in its designs.
The world’s most famous architects and artists supervised the construction of these buildings to make Dubai a city of dreams, where the popular Burj Khalifa building is the first thing that comes to mind when discussing Dubai.
However, the past few years have brought the curtain down on a new tower that will represent a revolution on the architectural level in the world. It is the miraculous Dubai Creek Tower!
Dubai is located northeast of the United Arab Emirates, on the Persian coast. It is a famous city in the region, with many beautiful places to visit and spend a great time in, like artificial islands and beaches, that are currently in the works.
One of the important sites in Dubai is Dubai Creek, dividing the city into two halves. The northern half is called Deira, a commercial area, and the southern half is Bur Dubai, a tourist area.
More About Dubai Creek Tower
The new tower in Dubai is a distinctive landmark added to the list of tourist attractions in Dubai. The building will soon be known as the tallest in the world, and at that time, tourists from around the world will flock to visit it and climb to the viewing platform to see a magnificent view of the city.
The primary goal of building the tower is to preserve the title of the tallest tower in the world, which was achieved by Burj Khalifa. Saudi Arabia is anticipating the construction of a tower taller than the Burj Khalifa too, but the new Dubai Creek Tower will be taller than both.
Dubai Creek Tower is being developed by Emaar Properties. As soon as it finishes constructing this amazing project, it is set to launch another to be added to the list of Dubai’s architectural masterpieces.
Dubai Creek Tower Location
Dubai Creek Tower is located within the waterfront project, an important place that witnessed prominent events in the history of ancient Dubai. The Tower is also close to the Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary, which includes the famous pink flamingos.
The place provides its residents with captivating views of this unique natural phenomenon and the opportunity to enjoy a luxurious life in harmony with the surrounding nature. It extends over 6 km2, equivalent to 7 million square metres of housing.
It is only 10 minutes from Downtown Dubai, Dubai International Airport, and Burj Khalifa.
Dubai Creek Tower Design
The Dubai Creek Tower was designed by the Spanish-Swiss engineer Santiago Calatrava Valls. The design is characterised by its diversity and embodiment of different cultures from around the world.
It is also a mixture of Islamic architecture and modern design, incorporating shapes of mosque minarets. Parts of the tower’s design also simulate the form of a lily flower.
The height of the Dubai Creek Tower is not yet announced, but it is expected to be about 928 metres, making it the highest tower in the world, surpassing the number broken by the 828-metre Burj Khalifa.
Dubai Creek Tower Cost
Emaar Properties announced the cost of building the new Tower, which will amount to one billion US dollars, equivalent to 3.68 billion dirhams.
Dubai Creek Tower Facilities
- The viewing platforms in the Dubai Creek Tower are expected to reach 900 metres, consisting of rotating glass balconies emanating from the tower’s structure
- A 360-degree observation deck at the top of the building
- Luxury accommodation units and several commercial facilities
Difference Between Burj Khalifa and Dubai Creek Tower
A comparison between the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Creek Tower will help you determine whether the latter will become the most famous building on the planet.
We will get to know the most important aspects, including height, cost, real estate, and entertainment destinations located near each. So here is a set of information about Burj Khalifa and Dubai Creek Tower (Burj Al Khor):
- The construction of Burj Khalifa took about five years, from 2004 to 2009. The Creek Tower has yet to be completed. The construction began in 2016 and stopped due to the Coronavirus.
- Burj Khalifa consists of 163 floors, while Creek Tower will most likely consist of 210 floors, but the real estate developer has not officially announced the number of floors yet.
- Although the Dubai Creek Tower will be taller than the Burj Khalifa, the latter has managed to break many other world records. It includes the world’s highest restaurants, cafes, elevators, and elevated viewing platforms.
- The lighting technologies in the Dubai Creek Tower compete with their counterparts in the Burj Khalifa. The tower is scheduled to provide a fantastic light show and a lighting beacon at the top of the building.
In Terms of Real Estate
The renting of real estate in the Downtown Dubai area includes the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Creek Marina, where the new tower will be erected.
The average rent for 1-bedroom apartments in Downtown Dubai is AED 79,000 per year. At the same time, the average rent for 2-bedroom apartments is AED 123,000 annually. There are suitable options for individuals and newlyweds, including studios, with an average annual rent of AED 56,000.
Moving to Dubai Creek Harbour properties, 1-bedroom apartments are available for rent at an annual average of AED 60,000. Concerning the largest residential units in terms of space, two-bedroom apartments and a hall are available for rent in Dubai Creek Marina, with an annual average of AED 87,000.
The comparison between Burj Khalifa and Dubai Creek Tower regarding apartments purchase also shows the high prices of apartments in the Downtown Dubai area. The average purchase of 1-bedroom apartments for sale in Downtown Dubai is about AED 1.474 million. The average price of 2-bedroom apartments is AED 2.739 million.
On the other hand, we note that the average price of 1-bedroom apartments in Dubai Creek Harbour is AED 1.194 million! The average price of two-bedroom apartments is AED 1.991 million.
The two skyscrapers are located close to the most prominent tourist places in Dubai, and below some of these destinations are compared in detail:
Dubai Mall and Dubai Square
Many wonderful activities are available to the residents of Burj Khalifa, including dining in the best luxury restaurants, watching the most beautiful views from the viewing platforms, and more.
There are also several prominent tourist and entertainment attractions near Burj Khalifa as well, on top of which is the Dubai Mall.
On the other hand, a new entertainment destination is expected to be opened in the emirate near the Dubai Creek Tower, which is the wonderful Dubai Square.
- The Dubai Mall represents the icon of tourist destinations in the emirate. As it serves millions of visitors, Dubai Square may exceed this number, especially as it is more significant in the area.
- The Dubai Mall includes hundreds of stores and entertainment destinations suitable for all age groups. It is expected that Dubai Square will also have many entertainment places and shopping options, including a mini city.
- The area of Dubai Mall is 12 million square feet, while the total area of Dubai Square is expected to reach 30 million square feet.
Opening of Dubai Creek Tower
The Dubai Creek Tower was expected to open in 2020 as one of the projects welcoming Expo 2020 in Dubai. The opening was postponed due to the exceptional circumstances the world experienced in 2020 due to the Corona pandemic. It was expected to take place in 2022 but was postponed again indefinitely.
To learn more about Dubai, take a look at these articles: 25 Unforgettable Things To Do In Dubai, 17 Activities in Dubai for Thrill Seekers, Top 16 Places & Things to Do in Dubai- Dazzling Info You Need to Know, and Dubai Travel Statistics: A City in a Class of its Own.