Valentine’s Day in Belfast: 15 ways to spend it with the love of your life
Updated On: November 08, 2023
This Valentine’s Day in Belfast, is the perfect way to treat your special someone to a very special time . We’ve put together a list of events happening around the city, perfect for a pair of lovebirds wishing to enjoy each other’s company and create a loving memory.
From salsa dancing and overnight stays, to romantic meals and bonding activities, Belfast is the perfect love nest for you and your Valentine. Sweep your lover off their feet and check out our list of 15 ways to spend Valentine’s Day in Belfast.
Roses are red, violets are blue, spend Valentine’s Day in Belfast, and celebrate the two of you.
Table of Contents
Meals for Valentine’s Day in Belfast
There is nothing quite like sharing a romantic meal with your loved one. Whether it’s a home-cooked meal or fine dining, food is that special ingredient that binds us together. We’ve put together a list of Belfast restaurants that are serving up delicious Valentine’s Day meals. Get lost in each other’s eyes and share a special meal together on this day of celebrating love.
AMPM has to be one of the most romantic spots in Belfast, with its dimly lit interior and flourishing plants that hang over your head, it’s the perfect place for an intimate dinner to share with your loved one.
3-course Valentine’s Dinner – £37.50pp
AMPM is hosting a Valentine’s dinner this year, serving a delicious 3-course menu that will leave you full and satisfied. Their classics, like the Bohemian chicken, is included, alongside their delicious sirloin steaks with an indulgent chocolate pot to end with.
Click the link to view their full Valentine’s Day menu.
If you want to spoil your other half with a truly fine dining experience like no other, head over to Blank this Valentine’s Day. This restaurant offers a unique tasting experience where you don’t actually know what is going to be served up. Instead, you place your faith in the hands of the chefs and embark on a truly satisfying, palate-indulging experience.
Blank offers a 9-course tasting menu or a 5-course tasting menu, starting at £70 per person. You also have the option to add on wine pairing to accompany your meals.
Blank is only open Wednesday to Saturday, however, so you won’t be able to go on Valentine’s Day itself. Still, it is most definitely worth the wait and a truly memorable experience to celebrate Valentine’s Day with that special person in your life.
Want a cheeky sneak peek at what’s on offer at Blank? – check out this video of one diner’s experience at Blank.
Coppi is a contemporary Italian restaurant located in Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter. The restaurant is a hidden gem and the perfect place to indulge in a delicious and romantic meal, made all the better by its intimate lighting and cosy atmosphere.
Coppi serves delicious, freshly made pasta coated in mouth-watering sauces and tender meats. Their dishes are also complemented by their impressive range of Italian wines and creative cocktails.
Visit Coppi for a truly special and romantic meal this Valentine’s day; click the link to reserve your table.
Still hungry? Check out this list of the best restaurants in Belfast.
Daytime events for Valentine’s Day in Belfast
It’s called Valentine’s Day, so make sure to enjoy a particularly special event in the daytime, so you can spend the nighttime relaxing.
Valentine’s Day in Belfast this year is offering some pretty unique experiences. Check out our list of our favourites below:
4. Valentine’s Day Poetry workshop
Larne Museum & Arts Centre is welcoming local writer and teacher Jen Herron to its poetry workshop this Valentine’s Day. Celebrate the language of love and explore the different forms that love takes, from romance and self-love to friendships and family.
This creative writing workshop is the perfect way to express your love and articulate how you feel. The session will use modern and classic influences to guide your writing and inspire your poetry style.
- Larne Museum & Arts Centre is just a short 30-minute drive from Belfast city centre.
- This workshop is for over 18’s only.
Date: 14th February 11 AM – 12.30 PM.
Book: Click the link to book tickets for the upcoming Valentine’s Day Poetry Workshop.
5. Woo at the Zoo
Belfast Zoo is hosting a wonderful Valentine’s event this year that is the purr-fect date for couples and a fun experience for families. Enjoy making chocolate kisses and learn about the many different lovebirds in the animal kingdom from their animal expert staff.
Date: Woo at the Zoo is taking place on three different dates, with options for an adult-only event or a family event.
- 12th February – 10 AM
- 13th February – 10 AM
- 14th February – 10 AM
- 12th February – 1 PM
- 13th February – 1 PM
- 14th February – 1 PM
- Adult: £30
- Student & Senior: £18
- Child under 4: free
- Carer: free
- Family Pass: £100 (up to 2 adults and three children).
Book: Follow the link to book your place at Woo at the Zoo.
Finish off your Valentine’s day-time activity by visiting one of these delicious and quaint cafes in Belfast.
Dancing events for Valentine’s Day in Belfast
What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than to dance in each other’s arms and get swept away by the music? Dance is the universal language of love, and where words fail, rhythm speaks.
6. Salsa Dancing
What better way to get the sparks flying than to go salsa dancing? Swoop your partner off their feet and bust out some sexy moves in this free salsa dancing class at Revolution De Cuba.
You don’t need any dancing experience or a dancing partner to attend! Simply show up and let your hair down whilst moving to those salsa vibes. Dance teachers Carolina and Tony will be on hand to help you learn the different moves and enjoy the rhythm of Latin music.
- There is also a cocktail masterclass taking place at 6 PM, ensuring that some liquid courage is on hand should you need it, this costs £30 per person.
- You can also book a 2-course meal for just £10 per person, including dinner and dessert.
Date: 14th February 6 PM: Cocktail master class / 8.30 PM: Salsa dancing class
- If you would like to book a table for drinks or dinner, you can contact Revolution De Cuba at 02895909249 or [email protected].
- You can also keep up to date with information on their Facebook event: Valentines De Cuba.
7. Badnaam Bollywood Night
Love birds and singletons are all welcome to The Botanic Inn, for the Badnaam Bollywood night. Dj Lyrioboy is providing the perfect opportunity for you to dance the night away this Valentine’s Day. This music event is the first of its kind to happen in Belfast and will feature a range of bolly-tolly hits to get you moving.
Date: 10th February 9PM – till late
Price: Stag entry £5.99 / Couple entry £8.99 / VIP table for two couple £20.99
Book: Click the link to book tickets for Badnaam Bollywood Night.
Are you in the mood for some fancy cocktails before you get in the mood to start dancing? If so, check out this complete list of cocktails in Belfast.
Entertainment for Valentine’s Day in Belfast
Are you after some fun entertainment to share with your loved one this Valentine’s Day? Then look no further and check out these entertaining events happening around our bright and bold city of Belfast.
8. Cabaret Variety Show
Why not spend this Valentine’s Day admiring the performance of the talented singers and dancers at The Cabaret Supper Club and Treehouse. This event is perfect for a romantic couples night and even for a group of friends if your all having an anti-valentines day!
Enjoy a romantic meal in their intimate setting, sit back, and enjoy the show.
Date: 14th February 7 PM – 11 PM.
Price: £39.50 per person – includes a main course meal and the show.
Book: click the link to book your space at the Cabaret Variety Show this Valentine’s Day.
9. Candlelight Concert
What better way to set the mood than to listen to classical romantic music under the glow of candlelight. This Valentine’s Day, the Candlelight Concert is being held at the Ulster Museum, providing a multi-sensory experience that brings pleasure to all its attendees. You can expect to hear classical symphonies and love ballads that will pull on your heartstrings.
- The concert lasts one hour and doors open 45 minutes before the start time.
- This event is only for ages 8+.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible.
- Seating is on a first-come, first served basis.
- A programme of the line-up is available on the link.
Date: Saturday 11th February 7 PM – 8PM / 8PM – 9 PM.
Book: You can book tickets to the Candlelight Concert by following the link.
Are you after some more exciting entertainment this Valentine’s Day? If so, check out these bars for a spot with live traditional music in Belfast.
Spend the night for Valentine’s Day in Belfast
Why not treat yourself and your loved one to some luxury this Valentine’s Day and enjoy an overnight stay in one of these fabulous hotels in Belfast. Because nothing says, I love you quite like being whisked off for a romantic rendezvous.
10. Titanic Hotel Valentine’s Day Package
The Titanic Hotel is nestled at the former headquarters of Harland & Wolff and just a short walking distance from Belfast City Centre. The hotel itself embodies art-deco design and is embellished with luxurious appeal.
- One overnight stay.
- Rose petals and a Valentine’s slate in your room.
- Glass of prosecco upon arrival.
- 5-course meal served in the Wolff Grill restaurant.
- Titanic-sized breakfast the following morning.
- Prices start at £289 per room.
- Click the link to check their availability and make a reservation for their Ahoy There, Valentine package.
11. The Merchant Hotel
Why not treat yourself and your better half to a 5-star stay at the Merchant Hotel, located in the heart of Belfast City Centre. The building itself is full of historical appeal and was once the headquarters of the Ulster Bank. Today, it remains a listed building and a place of luxury where you are waited on hand and foot.
Enjoy their rooftop hot tub, which is level with the face of Albert clock and spend some time relaxing in their sauna and steam room where you can appreciate the views of Belfast city, and people watch passer-buyers down below.
- One overnight stay.
- Breakfast in The Great Room Restaurant
- Complimentary use of the Gymnasium, Sauna, Steam Room and Roof Top Hot Tub
- Prices start at £299 per room.
- There are other packages available such as the Winter On Ice package, which also includes a bottle of prosecco on arrival.
- Click the link to book your stay at The Merchant.
12. The Europa Hotel
The Europa Hotel is another ideal location to whisk your loved one off to this Valentine’s Day. The hotel itself has stood its ground for over 50 years and refers to itself as the heartbeat of Belfast city.
This Valentine’s Day, they are launching their Love Sweet Love package, ensuring that you have everything you need to make the night a very special one.
- One overnight stay.
- Mini bottle of prosecco on arrival.
- Romantic dinner for two.
- Full Irish breakfast the following morning.
- A hastings duck to remember your visit.
- Prices for the Love Sweet Love package are £115 per person staying.
- If you would like to opt out of the stay, they have a 4-course Valentine’s dinner available, priced at £80 per couple and includes a glass of prosecco with your meal.
- You can reserve your room or book a table by following the link to their Valentine’s Offers.
13. Grand Central
If you’re looking to seriously impress your loved one this Valentine’s Day, then there is no better spot to do it than the 5-star hotel – Grand Central. This impressive location screams glamour and grandeur, right from the moment you step into the building, you’ll be starstruck by its awe and luxurious appeal.
The Grand Central is one of the tallest buildings in the city, offering panoramic views of Belfast below. The restaurant is full of ambience and the perfect spot for intimate dinners where you can get lost looking into each other’s eyes.
- One overnight stay in a luxury room.
- 4-course evening meal in the Seahorse Restaurant.
- Glass of Prosecco.
- Live Entertainment.
- Full Irish breakfast the following morning.
- A hastings duck to remember your stay.
- Prices for the ‘Love is in the Air’ package cost £440 per couple.
- Click the link to check out their other Winter packages and to book your reservation this Valentine’s Day.
14. The Fitzwilliam Hotel
The Fitzwilliam Hotel is a 5-star hotel nestled in the heart of the bustling Belfast City Centre. The charming spot is dripping with elegance and suave, offering guests a truly unique experience in the lap of luxury.
This Valentine’s Day, they have launched the “Fitz Must Be Love” offer, the perfect package for whisking your loved one away for a night of romance and spoiling the person who owns your heart.
- One overnight stay in an Executive room.
- Luxury milk chocolates on your pillow.
- Mini bottle of prosecco in your room.
- Rose petals spread across your bed.
- 4-course evening meal.
- Complimentary bathrobes and slippers.
- Full Fitzwilliam breakfast the following morning.
- Prices for the ‘Fitz must be Love’ package start at £335 depending on the room you choose to book.
- Click the link to book your reservation for the Fitzwilliam Hotel.
15. AC Hotel Marriot
The AC Hotel Marriot is a wonderful and elegant location for a romantic rendezvous this Valentine’s Day. The hotel rests on the bank of the River Lagan, offering guests splendid views of the passing river and the nearby Titanic Quarter.
This year, the hotel has launched two special Valentine’s Day offers. The packages are as follows:
Valentine’s Ultimate Romance – £255 per couple
This package is perfect for those who don’t want to leave the love nest, spending the night in a luxurious room where dinner is served straight to your door. The package includes:
- One overnight stay in the King Superior room.
- 4-course dinner served to your room.
- Full Irish breakfast at the Riverside restaurant.
- Late checkout at 1 pm.
Valentines with a Sparkle – £215 per couple
Get dressed up and enjoy each other’s company over a romantic meal at the Riverside restaurant. This Valentine’s Day package is sure to add the sparkle into your love life, including:
- One overnight stay in the King room.
- 4-course Valentine’s dinner.
- Glass of prosecco with your meal.
- Full Irish break the following morning.
Book: Click the link if you would like to make a reservation for either one of these Valentine’s Day packages.
Want more ideas for places to stay for Valentine’s Day in Belfast? Check out this complete list of Belfast Hotels.
Valentine’s Day in Belfast
Belfast is a hub of culture and celebration; whether you’re after an intimate setting to enjoy each other’s company, or a lovely celebration where you both let your hair down and have some fun, there is something happening in Belfast for every couple to celebrate Valentine’s Day in their very own special way.
Looking for more date ideas? check out this blog on cheap dates in Belfast.