Featuring an island in the middle of a mesmerising crystal clear water coloured lake, called Lake Bled, Bled is one of the most known and visited places in Slovenia. Located in the lower hills of the Julian Alps, this place owns a magical wonderland landscape which is a must-visit if you go to Slovenia.
The Fairyland Lake Bled in Different Seaseons
Lake Bled is worth visiting more than once, preferably in different seasons. The winter season in Bled would allow you to visualise a fantastic winter utopia plus the winter market and activities that the place offers. During the summer, you can take a swim in Lake Bled, go stand up paddleboarding, cycling, hiking and do other fun outdoor activities.
Lake Bled offers a really wonderful natural landscape. One way to enjoy this is by taking a wooden boat to row around the lake. Pretty romantic and a tremendous choice if you are looking to have a good time with your partner, family or friends. One last fact about this wonderful place, Bled island is well known to host delightful wedding events.
10 Things to do, See, and Experience Near Lake Bled:
- The Bled Castle is a Medieval-like castle at the top of the hill. This place hosts a museum with a collection of Bled’s history. This place dates back to the 11th century. There is a parking lot by the castle or you can take a walk up to the castle from the city. There are several paths to get to the castle.
- The Vintgar Gorge is a 1.6-kilometre gorge located in northwestern Slovenia in the municipalities of Gorje and Bled. This magnificent place provides locals and tourists with plenty to do. Activities such as fishing, mountaineering, skiing, sledging, rafting, Nordic walking, hiking and horse riding- You pick!
- Lake Bled is a lake in the Julian Alps of the Upper Carniolan region of northwestern Slovenia. A perfect location to enjoy a picnic, go cycling, take a boat ride or swim in the lake. The water temperature in the summer can go up to 28°C. In June, starting at 25°C.
- This may sound crazy but the lake hosts a Winter Swimming world championship every two years. This event gathers hundreds of winter swimmers for a memorable winter swimming experience.
- The Bell of Love – A legend that tells a story about love, lost and dead. The bell of love in Bled is said to have been given to the island by the Pope himself. The bell supposedly still has special powers today. Visitors and many newly-weds are told to ring the bell in hopes of fulfilling their own wishes.
- Živa Wellness Centre is a complex with swimming pools filled with thermal water. A place that offers relaxation with a view.
- The Bled Cream Cake – You don’t truly visit Bled if you do not try the amazing Bled Cake. You can also enjoy the beautiful view of the lake by visiting Café Belvedere at Vila Bled.
- Dino Park is an amusement park featuring, yep you guessed it dinosaurs! The exhibits are suitably placed within the natural environment to make you feel like a real explorer. A good chance to immerse yourself in the dinosaur era.
- Adventure Park is a place suitable for families, built in nature and with lots of fun to offer. This is a great place to challenge yourself. In this Adventure park, everyone can find something interesting to do.
- The Lake Bohinj is the largest natural lake in Slovenia. Located in a glacial valley, this natural beauty fascinates its visitors with its clear emerald colour. You can swim, go cycling, walk around the lake or just sit down and enjoy mother nature at its best.
Whatever you decide to do in Bled, make sure you try some Slovenian food, which by the way, is really delicious. Restaurants in Bled offer traditional Slovenian food along with international food. Do not worry, there is for sure, something you can eat.
Remember to go and check out some local desserts in Bled.
A Few Places Where You Could Stop By Near Lake Bled:
- ŠMON Slaščičarna Address: Ljubljanska street 11, 4260 Bled
- Art Cafe https://www.facebook.com/Art-Cafe-8236294444/
- Exit Bar http://jur.si/sl-SI/58563/exit-bar
- Aško Adress: Ljubljanska street 4, 4260 Bled
- Jasmin Tea Room http://www.jasmin-caji.si/o_podjetju.html
Restaurants Near Lake Bled
- Oštarija Peglez’n https://www.malcajt.com/gorenjska/bled/ostarija-peglez-n.html
- Sova https://www.restavracija-sova.com/en/
- Public and Vegan https://public-vegan-kitchen-bled.business.site/
- Bled Castle http://www.jezersek.si/en/locations/bled-castle/bled-castle-restaurant
- Pizzeria Rustika http://www.pizzeria-rustika.si/
- Okarina https://www.okarina.com/en/
- Babji zob http://www.ostarija-babjizob.si/en
- Peking Restaurant Address: Streetnarodnih herojev 3, 4260 Bled.
Tours and Guides in Bled
- If you are looking to experience Bled through the eyes and company of a local person, here check out ToursByLocals.
- Are you not sure yet about what to do in Bled and where to go? Visit this link from Getyourguide.com and you’ll find amazing things that the place has to offer you/
- This tour company will make sure, once you are in Bled, you are able to see it, feel it and love it.
- Experience the Bled Blackhole kayaking activity with pr1motours.
- Would you like to see Bled all at once? Book a hot air balloon flight at Triglav Adventures.
- A little extra adrenaline didn’t hurt anybody. They claim to be the longest zip-line in Europe.
- Slovenia is well known for its sports like tourism. If you are a sports’ lover and enjoy cycling, you should consider this tour.
Winter in Bled looks magical like a Narnia dream, let’s say. Skiing is surely an option in Bled. You don’t need to walk very far from Lake Bled to enjoy skiing at Straža Hill with an altitude of 600 meters above sea level.
If you are a pro in skiing or winter sports, you should definitely visit Vogel ski centre. Or nonetheless, if you are looking for a great place to enjoy a whole panoramic view of Bled, take the Vogel cable car, an easy and comfortable way to explore.
One of Slovenia’s most important production sources relies on apiculture. There is a large tradition in Slovenian families to work and take care of bees. The Museum of Apiculture in Radovljica, a small city, and nine minutes drive from Bled will introduce you to the history of beekeeping in Slovenia.
Sleep at Lake Bled
There are plenty of options to find if you wish to spend the night at Bled:
Vila Bled https://www.brdo.si/en
Penzion Mlino http://www.mlino.si/en/index.php
Penzion Zaka http://www.bled-zaka.com/en
Sava Hotel Resort Bled https://www.sava-hotels-resorts.com/en/sava-hoteli-bled
Adora Luxury http://vila-istra.info/
On budget choices…
Bled Paradise Apartments https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Hotel/Bled-Paradise-Apartments-221438648598160/
Travellers’ Haven Hostel Bled https://travellers-haven-hostel-bled.business.site/
Castle hostel 1004 https://www.hostel1004.com/
Garden House Bled https://www.facebook.com/gardenhousebled/
Back bar & Hostel https://back-hostel.com/
Bled is really a place suitable for all ages. A day walk by Lake Bled, a short hike through one of the many paths around the lake, any activity you choose, will truthfully enrich your tourist experience.
Have you ever been to Lake Bled before or does a trip there sound exciting? Be sure to let us know in the comments below!
Other blogs that might interest you: Neuschwanstein Castle: The Mysterious History of Germany’s Most Popular Castle | Jardin des Plantes, Paris | Must-See Flower Fields In Europe | Best Snow Holiday Destinations Around the World | Albania, the European Hidden Gem